Sirloin, Striploin, Ribeye, Fillet – check with the butcher that the beef is well aged to ensure tenderness.
How to cook the perfect steak
Neven Maguire shows us a range of tips to make life easier in the kitchen
- Heat the pan or barbecue until really hot. Make sure the steak is at room temperature.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the steak. Season with salt and black pepper just before placing it on the hot pan or barbecue.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then turn cook for two minutes on the other side.
- Depending on how thick the steak is and how you like it cooked, you may need to cook it for a further one or two minutes on each side.
- Delicious served with the juices from the pan, sautéed potatoes, salad and basil mayonnaise.